Hey, y'all! I'm Allison, a 17-year-old God-lovin' Chickfila employee! I am also the owner of Simply Loving Jesus. I enjoy Bible journaling, hanging out with my family, and exploring. Robin Jones Gunn and Annie Downs are my favorite authors, and Isaiah and Hebrews are my favorite books of the Bible! You can hang out with me on my Instagram, Pinterest, and Spotify.
A couple of months ago, I read the blog post "Clinging to Hope in this Dark World" by Samantha Nieves. I remember it encouraged me more than I knew I needed to be. Maybe you need to be encouraged, too. While reading, this one phrase stuck out at me: "Hope is Coming".
Jesus is coming, y'all.
I know this life is crazy. It's scary and ever-changing. There are so many things to fear, and its so easy to become depressed and pessimistic.This world says that life is not worth living.
BUT JESUS is bigger than this world and every fear you have. He is unchanging. He's already won this war against death and sin! He is the hope that breaks through the darkness and will one day come to save us. Not too early and not too soon, despite what we may think.
I love how Samantha emphasizes the fact that Light is greater than darkness. Satan can't win this war because Jesus has already won it. He is alive!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (John 1:1-5 NKJV)
While we're here, though, we need to let Christ's hope shine through us. As Christians, we can claim the only hope that can comfort a weary soul. Why don't we share it? As we wait for Hope to come, let's share our hope with this world. If we don't tell them, who will? Every single person on this earth is a person whom Jesus died for. If they aren't told the Gospel, they could go to hell. Any of those evil events that have been happening could and have been claiming unbelievers' lives. Let's stand up and change that, even if it's just for one person.
"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 10:7 NKJV)
So today, I just want to encourage you that Hope is coming. He will wipe away every tear and take away every fear that we have. Until then, we can rest in His hope. The only true and satisfying hope.
I also want to give you some ways you can wait (with hope!) for Jesus to come back. They are meaningful and will make a great difference in this world for Christ!
10 Things You Can Do Now As You Wait For Jesus To Return:
- Build meaningful relationships with Christians around you.
- But don't leave out the non-Christians! Build friendships that can help lead them to salvation. Just don't let them lead you astray.
- Invest in your relationship with Jesus. Read Christian books. Spend daily quiet time with Him. Go to an awesome, solid church. Make it the greatest priority in your life.
- Learn more about your faith by studying the Bible the whole way through.
- Give money to Christian mission organizations that go places you can't! I love and personally use Compassion International.
- Start a Bible study group with girls your age!
- Mentor a younger girl. You're not too young, despite what you think! Investing in others this way is so powerful. You could just read a Christian book or book of the Bible and meet to talk about it. Younger girls look up to you!
- Go on a missions trip or do missions work in your community!
- Learn to serve your family. Sometimes it's easier to look outside of your home for missions work, but it should start inside of your home. Look for ways to serve your family!
- Build a meaningful prayer life! Something I've begun to do is pray Scripture, especially Psalms, and I LOVE it! Check out this post on how to make prayer cards.